Upcoming articles

Posted by Estee On March - 17 - 2009

In order to keep goals and my thoughts organised, I had made a list of topics I will be writing in the near future. This list will be updated according to my state of mind and inspirations from time to time.In the meantime, if there´s any questions, please don't hesitate to drop me a comment.

My journey

Posted by Estee On March - 24 - 2009

Follow my journey from the day I was borned.

My Feng Shui Journal

Posted by Estee On Feb - 10 - 2009

I intend to share some of my thoughts about feng shui in my blog, if you are into feng shui or am interested in it, I shall post my findings and keep you update about the whole process on transforming my home into a more balance Feng Shui home.

Crayfish party

Posted by Asian living in Sweden On 9:14 AM



Today & tomorrow is the only day we can catch crayfish legally. We are catching crayfish with Margoth, Anders & their friends. We plan to camp near the river tonight, so it´s gonna be fun! I am so excited!
We will borrow a canoe from Mattias´s dad & Margoth is bringing her own boat. I had prepared some snack to keep us awake the whole night, hopefully we have warm night & great catch.

Crayfish party is a traditional summertime eating and drinking celebration in the Nordic countries. The tradition originated in Sweden, where a crayfish party is called a kräftskiva. The tradition has also spread to Finland via the Swedish-speaking population of that country.

Crayfish parties are generally held during August, a tradition that started because crayfish harvesting in Sweden was, for most of the 20th century, legally limited to late summer. Today, the “kräftpremiär” date in early August has no legal significance. Dining is traditionally outdoors, but in practice the party is often driven indoors by bad weather or aggressive mosquitoes. Customary party accessories are comical paper hats, paper tablecloths, paper lanterns (often depicting the Man in the Moon), and bibs. A rowdy atmosphere prevails amid noisy eating and traditional drinking songs (snapsvisa). It is culturally correct to suck the juice out of the crayfish before shelling it.

Sweden actually imports most of its crayfish, mostly from the American state of Louisiana, Turkey and from China. The imported crayfish are often more expensive than the frozen. To me the frozen crayfish does´nt taste fresh that´s why I am curious about tasting it fresh from the local water.

The crayfish are boiled in salt water and seasoned with fresh dill — preferably “crown dill” harvested after the plant has flowered — then served cold and eaten with the fingers. Bread, mushroom pies, strong Västerbotten cheese, salads, and other dishes are served buffet-style. Akvavit and other kinds of snaps are served, as well as beer.

Will post pictures of our crayfish party later later here.

Laleh..Some die young

blog expat