Upcoming articles

Posted by Estee On March - 17 - 2009

In order to keep goals and my thoughts organised, I had made a list of topics I will be writing in the near future. This list will be updated according to my state of mind and inspirations from time to time.In the meantime, if there´s any questions, please don't hesitate to drop me a comment.

My journey

Posted by Estee On March - 24 - 2009

Follow my journey from the day I was borned.

My Feng Shui Journal

Posted by Estee On Feb - 10 - 2009

I intend to share some of my thoughts about feng shui in my blog, if you are into feng shui or am interested in it, I shall post my findings and keep you update about the whole process on transforming my home into a more balance Feng Shui home.

Posted by Asian living in Sweden On 11:28 AM

About me

1. Who are you?
I am from Singapore, I moved to Sweden since 1998.
I have a small family of 4, me,my husband Mattias, my daughter Nelina and our cat Filippa (Who thinks that she´s a human being). We live a simple life at North Sweden in a small town call Skellefteå. I threw away my pair of city girl high heel to exchange for a pair of Swedish country boots. Right now,I am beginning to feel more comfortable with my boots and I hope that this boots will take me to next level of my life, a more meaningful one.


2. When & how did you end up in Sweden and how do you feel about living here?
My husband is a Swedish, I wanted to experience a different kind of life so we moved here. Moving to another country with very different culture is not easy. First I have to cope with my identity Cris's, sometimes ,I felt like I have to start my life from rock bottom. I need to learn to speak the language, it was my biggest handicap. I felt isolated,lonely,unstable and depressed from the beginning. I did not have any friends, job and driving license. I find it hard to fit in when meeting up with Swedish. Walking was my therapy, I do it when I was frustrate or feeling sad. The fresh clean air filled my lungs & clear my negative thoughts. I was so tired of being trapped with those negative energy and decided to do something about it.
I knew that the only way is by changing my way of thinking, that will eventually change my perspectives and actions. This will result in positive thinking & that´s what I want, a happier life!

3. Why are you doing this blog?
I do this as a therapy to release, I find it healthy for someone who live abroad and have different opinions. To write about my life in Sweden & establish my connections with Asia,my root. I like the ideas of taking life not too seriously, as life is short and too sweet to be bitter. I hope to set a footprint of my life in this blog so my daughter have memories of me and my thoughts. How know my life may expire tomorrow? I have strong interest for Asian food, jokes, news & TV programs, to me it is the gateway to my daily life. It´s also a perfect ways to keep in touch with other who have the same situations and interest.

4. What is the lifestyle different between Singapore and Sweden?
There are millions of differences. I will just name a few here,
1. It´s much easier for me to get a job I like in Singapore than here.
2. The lifestyle tempo, it´s more calm here.
3. I was used to a varieties of entertainments in Singapore. But I also enjoy what the nature offers me in Sweden.
4. They said the grass are always greener on the neighbours garden, I have learn that all grass are the same.
5. In term of food, its not easy to get genuine Asian ingredients here and it cost twice as much as too.
5. What do you miss about Singapore?
It´s unique culture, races free, warm people, good sense of humor,excellent food, Asian TV programs,singlish, shopping and entertainments.


6. What would you be doing now if you did not meet your husband & moved to Singapore?
Probably still single.

7. Favorite TV Program
Seinfeild - I like Jason Alexander , he played a perfected the role of George Kostanza in the hit show Seinfeld. Jason Alexander's irreverent humor helped keep the show going. Basically, this show about nothing. It was four friends who lived in New York City who just went about their everyday life, but in an odd and peculiar manner. They were always up to something.

8. Favorite Food

Fried kway teow, roti prata,korean grill,sushi,mee siam,satay,curry chicken dip with french roll, kambing soup,yong toa fu,fish porridge with yu tioa,hainanese chicken rice more...

Laleh..Some die young

blog expat