Upcoming articles

Posted by Estee On March - 17 - 2009

In order to keep goals and my thoughts organised, I had made a list of topics I will be writing in the near future. This list will be updated according to my state of mind and inspirations from time to time.In the meantime, if there´s any questions, please don't hesitate to drop me a comment.

My journey

Posted by Estee On March - 24 - 2009

Follow my journey from the day I was borned.

My Feng Shui Journal

Posted by Estee On Feb - 10 - 2009

I intend to share some of my thoughts about feng shui in my blog, if you are into feng shui or am interested in it, I shall post my findings and keep you update about the whole process on transforming my home into a more balance Feng Shui home.

How I handle HOMSICKNESS?

Posted by Asian living in Sweden On 9:33 AM
Recently, I received many emails from my new Asian friends living abroad. The most common questions are : How I feel living abroad, and how I tackle homesickness, craving for food etc. To me living in another country can be exciting depending on how you look at it, but it can also lead to homesickness.I think it’s always a good idea to have a positive attitude towards it. Since everyone have different tolerance of pain – for some people living abroad might be a happy beginning but for some it might be a horrible experience.

I have been living in Sweden for 11 years now, to be honest I still do fight of homesickness. I threw away my pair of city girl high heel to exchange for a pair of Swedish country boots to live with the person I love and married. Believe me, my drastic change in lifestyle is not always a smooth ride but I have learned how to tackle homesickness now.
My tip to handle homesickness is to stay in touch with loved ones from home.There are plenty of ways, especially now with various internet services available, it´s important that you stay connected to family and friends constainly.In my case, I am using Facebook.It´s the world's most popular online social network, Facebook has changed the way we keep in touch with friends and family old and new. It doesn't matter where you are in the world, Facebook will bring you and your loved ones together in the same online space. Among its most useful functions are those which allow you to leave notes on your friends' walls, send private messages and share photos and invitations. So you can keep up with what your loved ones have been up to on a daily basis. I have made many new Asian friends living overseas from thru Facebook, this is very effective coz you might also find some of your friends back home on the site and you can ask them if they know anyone in your new place. Remember, it only takes a smile to be a FRIEND and it´s nice to be able to give each other a pad on the shoulder sometimes.Facebook is free & anyone with internet access can join. Here´s the link http://www.facebook.com

It´s important to keep yourself busy – do something that makes you happy like watching funny video or learn new things, visit my site to chat with me or exercise helps depression and reduces stress level. Find someone you can go for a walk with on a regular basis.
Finally, always keep a positive attitude – Others can cheer you up but not all the time. So, you need to decide to be standing on your own feet and choose to think and act positively. Believe me, that´s the only way out. If you are able to take your experience as something that is part of growing up and its part of who you are and no matter what,life still move on whether you like it or not. Who knows, you might be surprise what life has in store for you!

Laleh..Some die young

blog expat