Upcoming articles

Posted by Estee On March - 17 - 2009

In order to keep goals and my thoughts organised, I had made a list of topics I will be writing in the near future. This list will be updated according to my state of mind and inspirations from time to time.In the meantime, if there´s any questions, please don't hesitate to drop me a comment.

My journey

Posted by Estee On March - 24 - 2009

Follow my journey from the day I was borned.

My Feng Shui Journal

Posted by Estee On Feb - 10 - 2009

I intend to share some of my thoughts about feng shui in my blog, if you are into feng shui or am interested in it, I shall post my findings and keep you update about the whole process on transforming my home into a more balance Feng Shui home.

Quaterfinal Skellefteå AIK vs Linköpoing 14 March 2009

Posted by Asian living in Sweden On 4:04 PM
Yesterday I did something very Swedish, we (my family, my sister in law Frida & my mother-in-law Kerstin)went to watch ice hockey Skelefteå AIK against Linköping live, Skellefteå won! It was a great game! I am not a big fan for hockey, but now I started appreciating this game.It´s kind of exciting if you watch it live!The atmosphere was pretty intense everyone seem to be having a great time and with the same goal - hoping for Skellefteå to qualify for the semifinal next Thursday. Since they are now even 3:3 they will have to compete with each other again on Monday in order to qualify for semifinal. The cheering could turned one ears deaf! We had a bunch of (Ong Beng Seng) Swedish old guys shouting and cursing at the judge sitting behind us. OMG, during the 2 hours,I was feeling warm (even thou the indoor temp. in the stadium was approx.18 degree), my heart was pounding like crazy and my face was burning with joy!
I found myself dancing with my mother-in-law when SAIK shrike goal! Nelina thought it was pretty embarrassing!
I have a feminine perspective of ice hockey players,ice hockey are not a bunch of macho tough guys wearing ridiculous hockey suite seriously fighting for the puck.If you notice from their legs down to the ice, OMG they are riding on a pair of ice skate shoe! I just can´t help thinking that,to me that´s feminine. Ok, may be this sound a little cc, but I have prove. Take a look at this hockey player at the after show autographs signing ceremony.He is wearing ladies stocking and aunty´s like slipper while meeting his fans. My sister in law Frida thought that this was pretty funny and asked me to take a close-up photo of his leg. I actually find Swedish guys have good balance of Ying & Yang in terms of personality. I find them so sweet when they revealed their feminine side, I think they can be very macho doing all the man stuffs and at the same time very good in babysitting,house works like cooking,cleaning and sewing (like my father-in-law).



Here in Skellefteå, ice hockey is like a religion for the local, whenever there´s hockey game in town, you´ll see the local wearing their favourite SAIK T-shirt,scarf,cap or black & yellow outfits. It´s like Skellefteå uniform. It make the local feel proud being part of the team & spirits as in 1989 SAIK was degraded but after 16 seasons of play in the Swedish second league (Allsvenskan) SAIK again qualified for the highest series and has played in Elitserien since season 2006-07. From an Asian point of view, I must say that ice hockey is really not an easy game to play, it require alot of guts, fast in reactions and many years of hard training. But once they are really good, they could earn ALOT of money ! When I first watched ice hockey on TV, I just could´nt get it! The puck locations was too fast for my eyes!


After the game, we brought a family pizza for dinner. Here´s a video clip taken when we were about to eat our pizza just before the Swedish Melodies Festival started . Watch Nelina closely, did you notice anything unusal?

Laleh..Some die young

blog expat