Upcoming articles

Posted by Estee On March - 17 - 2009

In order to keep goals and my thoughts organised, I had made a list of topics I will be writing in the near future. This list will be updated according to my state of mind and inspirations from time to time.In the meantime, if there´s any questions, please don't hesitate to drop me a comment.

My journey

Posted by Estee On March - 24 - 2009

Follow my journey from the day I was borned.

My Feng Shui Journal

Posted by Estee On Feb - 10 - 2009

I intend to share some of my thoughts about feng shui in my blog, if you are into feng shui or am interested in it, I shall post my findings and keep you update about the whole process on transforming my home into a more balance Feng Shui home.

Asian food training...

Posted by Asian living in Sweden On 10:23 AM

Yesterday Nelina invited her classmate for fika (afternoon tea). I thought that was pretty brave of her to do that, I am so glad to see her self-esteem improving day by day. Her classmate Amina is not only a sweet talker but also well manner. Her parent definitely did a great job with up-bringing. Amina was so impress with my vanilla bun & chocolate cake. Did´nt she know that Asian too, can bake?
The same goes for Moa (our neighbour´s kid),she love my fried noodle. It´s nice to received compliments from Swedish kid about Asian food. In the past ,Nelina´s friends did´nt quite appreciate Asian food. I often received comments like " Yuk! who eat this type of food?" "Ee...it´s too spicy1" (Sometime, ketcup is consider spicy, can you imagine that?) Wait till they try the Thai small chilli padi, then they will know what spicy is all about. I have been training Nelina to eat spicy food for a few years now, I don´t specially make Swedish food to please her because she get that in School anyway. At home, it´s 80% Asian food, my philosophy is eat it or leave it. It´s just like if we did´nt buy them candy every Saturday,how on earth would they crave for candy over weekend? I believe that it´s important to give her the opportunity to try as many different type of Asian food as possible since baby,so she get used to my food growing up. It´s ok for me that sometime she did´nt exactly like some of the food I cooked, I´ve learned to accept that everybody has different taste for food & I value her opinions. So far, I feel that my effort is not wasted, I am so glad she eat whatever I gave her & hardly complain. Her favourite food is my Mum´s special steamed egg with minced meat, Nonya Babi Pong teh, Cantonese fried egg noodles, Hiananese chicken rice, Malaysia Chicken curry etc...We had a parent meeting 2 days ago & her teacher told me she´s not eating much in school. I asked her why & she told me she´s has no appetite & the school´s Asian stew suck!

Laleh..Some die young

blog expat