Upcoming articles

Posted by Estee On March - 17 - 2009

In order to keep goals and my thoughts organised, I had made a list of topics I will be writing in the near future. This list will be updated according to my state of mind and inspirations from time to time.In the meantime, if there´s any questions, please don't hesitate to drop me a comment.

My journey

Posted by Estee On March - 24 - 2009

Follow my journey from the day I was borned.

My Feng Shui Journal

Posted by Estee On Feb - 10 - 2009

I intend to share some of my thoughts about feng shui in my blog, if you are into feng shui or am interested in it, I shall post my findings and keep you update about the whole process on transforming my home into a more balance Feng Shui home.

Hunting wild blue berry!

Posted by Asian living in Sweden On 11:30 AM

During autumn, the Swedish man hunt for moose & wild pigs, while the ladies hunt for blue berry! Last Sunday the Asian ladies gathered for some berry plucking & lunch together. This round we met at Sieow Chew´s place. I classified her place, the middle of nowhere. Now, I understand why people like to live in the woods far aways from civilisation.
This is all because of the fragrance of the crispy fresh air, the sound of silence and timeless lifestyle. A place deep in one´s heart called home.
The best time to pluck blue berry in north Sweden is actually beginning of August,but still there were some left. I told the ladies that blue berries is a great anti-oxidant, has many benefits for fighting winkles, overweight, cancer, deities and skin problems. I used to have some problems with pimples around my nose & mouth area, after 1 week of blue berry smoothie breakfast, I noticed blue berries helped clear up 90% of my skin problems. In USA, doctors recommend that everyone should eat at least one decilitres a day to prevent cancer. At first, the ladies attitude about plucking berries was "let´s just pluck a few & get the hell out of the mosquitoes society" but after they heard about the benefits about winkles & cancer they said "We will never miss a single berry, we make sure we combed the whole of Swedish´s wood!" I gave them some tips how to pluck & how to clear the leaves attached, they were so enthusiastic!
While they were plucking berries around the house, Joyce & myself prepared lunch.
I think the Swedish will be shock to know what we Asian women eat for lunch. We had woked 3 different types of Asian own grown vegetables, fried 1 big plate of black pepper crab, 2kg of BBQ Char siew pork, 1 big plate of vegetarian sausage with tofu, deep fried sotong & Thai fish cake. For dessert, I baked 2 large blue berry pie & red bean buns. I just don´t get why & how come these ladies can eat so much & still weight below 50kg???
After lunch, I went home to freeze my berries. In order for the berries not to be crushed among the other food I have in the freezer, I packed them in a old milk paper packet. This year, I plucked more then 20 litres of blue berries and it´s taking over my whole freezer, because I am fighting against winkles I can´t help it lar! The most I get another freezer or eat lesser meat & go food shopping more often lor.

Laleh..Some die young

blog expat