Upcoming articles

Posted by Estee On March - 17 - 2009

In order to keep goals and my thoughts organised, I had made a list of topics I will be writing in the near future. This list will be updated according to my state of mind and inspirations from time to time.In the meantime, if there´s any questions, please don't hesitate to drop me a comment.

My journey

Posted by Estee On March - 24 - 2009

Follow my journey from the day I was borned.

My Feng Shui Journal

Posted by Estee On Feb - 10 - 2009

I intend to share some of my thoughts about feng shui in my blog, if you are into feng shui or am interested in it, I shall post my findings and keep you update about the whole process on transforming my home into a more balance Feng Shui home.

Celia´s birthday party

Posted by Asian living in Sweden On 1:13 PM
We celebrated Celia´s birthday party last Saturday at home instead of the beach because of the weather. We understand that it can be quite tough for Celia to organize the party so we decided to help her out by cooking for her. I made a big pot of chicken curry & bought some ingredients for sushi while Carrie baked pizza buns, banana cake and marinated salmon for the sushi. Celia´s girlfriend, Michelle baked a nice chocolate birthday cake and Celia baked 2 large Greek break for the curry. I met Carrie for lunch in town before the party. We ate at Wok & Roll because the Q at the food vendors were too long. It´s better to eat at Wok & Roll because we knew we always received VIP treatments there.
I was introduced to Michelle & Irene (both from Philippine) at the party. Irene has 2 lovely daughters Leah & Nicole. Michelle happened to live near my place,right now she & her husband are busy building their house near the beach not far away from my place. They hope to move in by September. I also learned how to roll sushi the real "Japanese way" from Celia. Celia bought some sushi container which helped make sushi much easier, we had so much fun making sushi together.
I can´t help noticing the difference between all the Swedish man at the party, they just want to drink get high, make conversation, waiting to be serve..while the ladies just want to chat & eat and helped each others out. The kids have´nt learned how to interact with each other, so Nelina became their sitter making sure they are safe playing & not end up killing each other.
I am so glad that everyone enjoyed my chicken curry. I think Celia did great job with the Greek bread, it was perfect with the curry. Carrie salmon was delicious and Michele´s cake was really good!
After the cake, the ladies watched a movie together in the living room while the man still working on their macho,drinking. I noticed some Swede really could drink, especially when it´s for free. They will drink all they could to get drunk. I understand that they are trying to have a great time but drinking to get drunk is not the only way to enjoy a great party. I think Sweden do have some issue with drinking, nowadays people drink to celebrate the weekend, drinking to celebrate has became a lifestyle. They will find all kind of reasons to celebrate. Unlike in the past, people drink because they were lonely, sad or depressed.I used to drink quite a bit at parties in the past but now, I happily drink a couples of wine or beer to a nice piece of steak or special dinner. I think it´s cool if one could recognized their limit & take control of their drinking not letting anyone interfere with their own decision. Anyway, that´s not my problem, they are the one who´s dealing with the headaches the day after. The next morning, Mattias told me the liquor made him sick & said that he will never drink hard liquor again. I hope he mean what he said.

Here are some memories at the party, enjoy!

Laleh..Some die young

blog expat